Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Time

Again, being a former teacher, I feel like everything should be a teachable moment.  The puppies sleep in the barn at night with a radio on.  
Don't ask me why.  I feel like loud, crazy music or talking might remind them of their days in our house with the boys running around.
So I could see their confusion when stuff on the election came about.  I explained to them that yesterday was an important day for our country and the people got to express their beliefs by voting.  
I went even farther to create a mock election.  The candidates had to come up with what they believed and what they'd do if they were elected President Puppy.


This is Pink Collar.  
She believes in the rights of all female canines.  She believes they should not have to be told when they will have a litter of puppies and who will get them.  If she is elected she will fight to change the female name from dams or bit@#es to something like Princess or Dominant Sex on all AKC Registration papers.

This is Hoss or Hudson.
He wears a blue collar.  He's pro-life and believes all puppies and dogs live in a great country and it's up to them to determine how they chose to lead it.
If elected he'll fight to make sure all puppies receive responsible owners who work hard to support their pets.

The election got pretty ugly at times.

For being litter mates, they sure disagreed on things.

But I was very proud in the end because everyone did cast their vote.
red collar

Finley was so mad at the results she chewed up her sticker.

Here's Hoss/Hudson anxiously awaiting the results.

Kirby is completely disgusted.

Jaxon doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

Green collar just got kicked out of the pool for expressing his opinion to the group.

I think it was a good learning experience for them.  It's something all puppies should be prepared for when entering the real world.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! You have a true gift!!!!! Oh- and Finley is too cute!! I better get some chew deterrent..... ;)

    Rachel Bolick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad someone enjoys it, I must have way too much time on my hands. Chew deterrent for all the future owners will be a necessity!!!

    ReplyDelete