Monday, October 29, 2012

Annual Hayride

This weekend marked the 3rd Annual Fish Fry/Hayride held at my parents' house.  It's always a fun time for kids and families.  
Time to load up!


My boys and their sweet cousins, my nieces.  We're missing my nephew.

My dad and his team of mules, Millie & Willie.

My dad's cart and horse, Jett, driven by someone I don't know.  But this lady was certain she was going to die.

There were horseback riders too.  

And here's what went down.

Here's my dad's buggy and two of his other horses, Blacky and Misty driven by the County Commissioner, because we're fancy like that.

We made a quick stop at the river but it was a little cold to hang out for too long.

Always a fun time for the kids unless something bad happens like the first time we had this thing.  My son and I were on a wagon that almost tipped.  "Fall Hayride" then became known as the "Fall Fiasco."

Crossing the Finley River.  These are my dad's draft horses, Sally and Bessie, driven by my brother.

Followed by my dad and the mules.
Anyone ever studied about the Westward Movement?  After riding in one of these wagons, you gain a whole new appreciation for those people who spent 6 months on them.

The cart and the lady who thought she was in the final minutes of her life.

Sam and my friend since kindergarten.
Fun fact about us...our firstborns are 3 weeks apart, our second two are 3 months apart.
What?
You don't care again?
Fine.

When everyone gets back, someone gets roped into leading kids around the yard for the duration of the afternoon.



It wasn't all smooth sailing.  I got shot by these two several times.
They show no mercy.
That's my nephew back there.  I always thought we were friends.

Don't worry, those puppies didn't go neglected.  This is my kindergarten friend's kid, the one who's 3 weeks older than my son.  The one you don't care to hear about!
She's holding Purple collar.
And she named her Butterscotch.

Here's my kindergarten friend's other kid.  The
one who's 3 months younger than my other son.
The other kid you don't care to hear about.

Butterscotch and Pink/brown collar.  The other little girl belongs to a friend from college/church.

2 comments:

  1. Sure does look like lots of fun! So if the invite is there, I just might have to come next year. I like the idea of having help naming little Hoss or Hudson or.....love your blog and photos, thanks!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally still invited for next year's hayride! You're invited out anytime!

      Delete