Monday, February 9, 2015

The Morgan Story

About a week ago, I posted this picture on our 
facebook page.  This is Morgan.  He needed a new 
home.  His owner suggested to my in laws that 
maybe we would want him for a dog that would just
be a pet.  
To which my mother in law replied, "NOOOO!!!"

What??

I thought it was a thoughtful suggestion.

So after that idea was shot down, I began to look for a new
home for him so his owners could focus on their need to move,
and pack, and deal with that whole transition.

Morgan has been their pet since he was
a puppy.  This was not easy for them.
But the place they were going wouldn't allow
pets.  They knew what was best for him and
that's what we were there for.

So I snapped these as they said goodbye
to their pal.

I think it helped that we brought
his future owner over to meet them.

Then we were off to his new home!  He was
nervous and happy.  And nervous.

So here he is now at his new home!

And here is his new owner!  Who just happens
to be my grandma!  So we'll get to see Morgan often!
My grandma lost her dog a couple of months ago and
has never been without a dog.  When we told her about
him she was excited!  I think they'll be a great fit!  He'll
go to a sweet lady in a calm home with the frequent visits from
all of her great-grandchildren!
A Happy Ending!
Thank you to the SO MANY of you out there interested in Morgan and willing to accept him as your family as well!  I needed more Morgans...I think that says something about this breed, no matter the age, people want them!!  I told the sweet couple so many times that I had no doubt that none of these people who contacted and talked to me would give him anything but the finest care he deserved.  It was a neat experience and I was glad to be a part in it.  Morgan's former owners were so appreciative that he had been found a caring new home.  As I said, they knew it had to happen, but please keep this couple and their upcoming journey in your prayers.  I am sad for them.  But I hope they will love their new home once they adjust!

No comments:

Post a Comment