Friday, February 20, 2015

My Boys


I had to post this tonight because A) I'm stranded in a hotel because of icy roads and I miss my boys, and B) the first two puppies left tonight and Sam sent a text that my oldest couldn't stand the sadness of seeing them go so he went to Grandma's.
So I wanted to acknowledge them.  Sometimes, I start posts but I never post them or I never finish them.  This is one I started at least a week ago.
In case no one realized this by now, these are my boys.
They're pretty good kids.  The past several weeks I have been watching them and realized I don't always give them enough credit.

Don't get me wrong, what we do,
and what I ask them to help me with is
not exactly the worst job in the world.

I know they're pretty blessed boys.
And as they get older, I think they do too.
We got our first puppies, who are
now mamas when they were just 3 and 1.
It's all they've known really.

They've grown up with the dogs around them.

Awe...he was so little!
Anyway, what they do for me and for our puppies
I believe makes a world of difference for the puppies.
Oh, oops!  That's not my boys!  But she's
cute, so I'm keeping it.

They play with them,
give them attention, help me determine who is 
who, and corral them back together to bring them back in.
What I'm saying is that they get attached.
So not every part of it is easy for them.
We always say that when my youngest wears
his Spiderman costume around you, he considers you
a friend.
And while they don't expect anything in return
(which they've gotten before, people have brought them
toys and candy as a token of their gratitude - I am NOT saying that is what I am asking, I'm not!!), I just wanted to note that this little job wouldn't be as much fun for me if it weren't for them.

I just wanted to make it known that I appreciate
their help to me, especially this time around with me on
crutches!!  The weather hasn't always been ideal and yet I haven't given them a choice to stay inside.  I have needed them out there with me.  They have come out every time and every day to love on the puppies.
Well, he does a ton of the work too!
So does my mom.

Anyway, back to the boys, they have made a big difference getting the puppies
socialized and used to people.
So while you come to take your puppy off to his/her
forever home, just remember to allow the little guys time to say
good-bye.  They've been with them since the beginning.  They appreciate every picture sent and every update posted when the puppies are grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment