Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow

Growing up on a farm, we weren't really encouraged to like the snow.  Not that going out and playing in it was discouraged, it definitely wasn't.  But I grew up on a beef farm and many of my friends grew up on dairy farms.  The snow and cold temperatures made for some really long days.  I've seen machinery freeze up so it wouldn't function.  I've seen things on animals freeze up so that they wouldn't function!  Winter can be a real inconvenience.

Lots of extra hay needs to be put out for livestock too.
So before I go wishing for snow, I do take into consideration people like my dad and all the other farmers out there who have to put in extra hours to accommodate their animals.

But that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful!
I was a teacher too, and I'm married to one.  So snow means a day off!  I'd be lying if I said I don't get excited about it!

My boys, all 3 of them, totally love it too!
So do the dogs!

Back roads, before they clear them, are
great places to practice new tricks!

It also makes for a great little outing for the puppies!
They took it on with no fear!

This was their first time to see the stuff!

They didn't know what to think of the cold powder that came up to their bellies.  But they adjusted!

 The snow was packed down in no time!

Toys are a must-have no matter what you're doing!





So much playing made for some hungry, sleepy puppies!
They didn't fight to go back in the barn where they ate... and passed out.

I posted a video on our facebook page yesterday.  Try clicking here to view it if you haven't already.  Happy Tuesday, folks!  Our furry friends will start departing in just 3 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment