Monday, May 4, 2015

A Day at the Pond

Well, for those of you who have known me or kept up with me for the last about 6 months as I was trying to avoid a surgery on my Achilles tendon, I eventually succumbed to the surgery.

And there are two boys and an oversized puppy who couldn't be happier that my lap is always in a chair or on the couch waiting to be climbed into. (I am quite certain that sentence is grammatically incorrect)

The bad thing is, the weather has been perfect!  So I've tried to make the most of my sitting around.  I kicked back in my knee scooter and propped my foot up on my make-shift desk.
However, this hasn't stopped me from taking pictures over the last several weeks.  I can't say they've all been of dogs though.  It's just that spring is in full bloom here and absolutely beautiful!
I chose these particular pictures first.
Sometimes, we like to switch things up a little and go to a pond around here instead of the river.

The dogs aren't picky about where they swim.

The boys don't care where they get muddy either.
Sometimes, I say things to them and then wonder why I even bother wasting my breath.
For example, as I sat (what I do best) watching them, I said, "I don't care if you throw rocks and explore, but don't get close to the water because it never fails you end up in up to your knees and I have to deal with your muddy clothes and shoes."
As if saying I had to mess with their stuff would make them feel bad and want to stay away from the water...
Look at him...not 5 minutes later...practically waist deep in the water.
This is our little "Finley Pup."  She's growing accustomed to our ways around here.


It looks like a two-headed dog swimming!
I hope you are enjoying the spring sunshine! It is such a welcome change from the wind, the cold, and the rain (although, a little rain would actually be okay right now too).
* Keep watching.  We hope to be updating on a more accurate date we can be expecting our next litter.

No comments:

Post a Comment